Why you should trust & honor me with your vote.
In my mind, before I could support someone I would need to know what that person supports and his/her character. Obviously, you can not know me fully from just reading what I purport to support. Therefore I will give you a brief summary of my life and character.
History is important in men and nations. Once studied it gives one the ability to predict the future. Therefore when you review my history you will have a better sense of what I will do if you honor me with your support and most importantly your vote.
- I was born at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, 71 years ago. I am a native son unlike many running for congress. Born and raised here in Florida. I can truly appreciate how far our country has come in so many ways in its quest to live up to our constitutional values.
- I attended Colbert Elementary School Hollywood Fl.
- I attended McNichol Middle School and objected to the separate but equal travesty that the democratic party in Florida supported.
- I attended South Broward summer school, FL.
- Hard time hit so my family moved to Farmingdale N.Y. where I attended high school
- I graduated high school at 16 and applied to college
- I was accepted at Adelphi Suffolk University. I always worked and paid my tuition. My family had scarce resources to help me.
- At 19 years old I received my B. A. degree from Adelphi University and majored in Biology and science.
- Then we moved from Babylon to Stonybrook N.Y. Due to my back issue, I needed Chiropractic medicine which is where I found my life\’s work. I worked three jobs at the same time to save money to allow me to attend Palmer Chiropractic College., Davenport Iowa.
- With a loan from my Uncle Clifford Storm, I returned to Davenport. to resume my studies. I worked full time throughout my education and graduated in the top 1/4 of my class. Once graduated and in practice I paid my uncle back the full amount I borrowed from him and thanked him for his trust and belief in me that allowed me to finish my education.
- My Chiropractic education was interrupted by the Vietnam War. I won the lottery and was picked. My number was #46 so I decided I would volunteer and attend officer candidate school.
- I was never able to attend OCS as my previous spinal issues once reviewed caused me to be discharged. I had earned an honorable discharge. I am a proud U.S. Army Veteran with all the benefits that go with serving our country.
- I then returned to Hollywood FL to work for my Uncle Cliff in his plumbing business. His name was Cliff Storm and he owned Storm Plumbing company. He was an officer in the Green Berets and my best friend. He was my best man at my wedding years later. No one had a better uncle than I did.
- Uncle Cliff later became the president of the board of Rules and Appeals for Broward county Florida. I worked in his company as a laborer, learning the plumbing trade, digging trenches, and doing drain field restoration. I worked for him off and on as a youth. Believe me, I know what hard physical work is all about.
- With a loan from my Uncle Cliff, I returned to Davenport to resume my studies. I worked full time throughout my education and graduated in the top 1/4 of my class. Once graduated and in practice, I paid my uncle back the full amount I borrowed from him and thanked him for his trust and belief in me that allowed me to finish my education.
- Just prior to graduation I was offered a position to teach pathology and technique as a member of the Palmer College of Chiropractic. It was a great honor. I then attended Physical Therapy training in California prior to returning to Florida.
- In 1973 I passed the National and State boards in Florida and started my practice.
- I lived and practiced in Ft. Lauderdale for the next 30 years. I am retired at this time and I am physically disabled. Our office was administered to over 16,000 patients prior to my retirement.
My Mom and Dad moved to Hollywood FL. from Brooklyn, New York to settle in Hollywood in 1946. My father was involved in the local masonic lodge. My mom was involved in supporting the State of Israel. She was the President of the South Florida chapter of Hadassah. Both of my parents are deceased. My family is a mixed family religiously, as we celebrate and enjoy both Christmas and Hanukkah. We have two sons. Both live and work in the Fort Lauderdale area. Adam my oldest is a member of the Florida bar and he is a practicing attorney associated with the very prestigious law firm the ” Ticktin Law Group”. My youngest son is in the process of becoming a Chiropractor.
He has to complete his national boards this year. Currently, he works in construction. Both of our sons graduated from Westminster Academy and then on scholarship to Florida State University.
My wife Karen was born in Kentucky but like many here raised in Ft. Lauderdale. Currently, she is a homemaker. Karen started as a flight attendant in 1978 and worked until Eastern was no more.
Charities, organizations, and causes I support.
- Wounded Warriors
- Ducks Unlimited
- Magan David Adom
- Tunnels to Towers, VA
- Habitat for Humanity
- Prager U
- Hillsdale College
- Jim Jordan
- Devin Nunez
- Ted Cruz
- Tom Cotton
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Palmer College
- Ft. Lauderdale Navy League
- Veterans Foreign Wars Westminster Academy and many more.